The Emergency Action Plan is designed to satisfy the OSHA standard that requires employers to have a written plan for responding to emergencies resulting from fire, explosion, chemical spills, and emergencies. We have adopted this Emergency Action Plan to comply with The OSHA standard in General Industry 29 CFR §1910.38.
This program comes in a Word document format and can be easily edited to fit your company’s specific requirements.
Topics covered include:
- Emergency escape procedures and emergency escape route assignments;
- Rescue and medical duties of those employees who are to perform them, the preferred means of reporting fires, and other emergencies;
- Names or regular job titles of person or departments who can be contacted for further information or explanation of duties under the plan;
- Procedures to be followed by employees who remain to operate critical plant operations before they evacuate; and
- Establishment of an employee alarm system and training a sufficient number of persons to assist in the safe and orderly emergency evacuation of employees.